Pages

24 August 2009

yeah the drought's over (at least in Hagley)

Yeah its still raining... and yeah my once ok backyard is now a mud pie makers dream come true following all the renovations. You know I can deal with that, I've got gumboots. However when you combine rain with excavation for plumbing you have somewhat of a problem. Coming home to my cottage wound up in somewhat of a disaster today. Mags (my faithful sedan) tried to transverse the driveway today only to find herself up to the bonnet in mud, wheels spinning and crying out in distress.

Unfortunately for me this debacle came less than an hour after Joanie (my mum for those who don't know her), warned me about the risk of getting bogged, and me rolling my eyes as I usually do when Joanie gets her diatribe on. So dear readers I had something of predicament. Joanie starts twitching as she usually does when she gets to be all smug, but is trying not to say "I told you so", (when really she's clenching her teeth just holding those fateful words back). Meanwhile, I'm thinking "Fuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccckkkkkk, it'll be Christmas before I hear the end of this".

We tried digging her out, jacking her up all to no avail. I was about to call the RACT, when it hit me. Surely, the benefit of living in the country is that your next door neighbour will invariably own a tractor. And bless his cotton socks, Bill the farmer chained old Mags to his formidable machine and dragged her back out into the land of the living spraying mud in all directions including all over Joanie. Which I reckon is a small price for her to pay for all that smugness.

3 comments:

  1. Ha, good post, and poor Joanie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Eve - not only do I love this story avec happy ending - I love that your car's name is 'Mags' like a bogan addition to a vehicle of choice - she indeed has street cred!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Eve! Thanks for coming along yesterday! Glad you like the Vanilla Pomegranate candle and that the Palm wax ones went over well with the 'buddist'!
    Let me know when you need a refill!
    Annie - redbamboo

    ReplyDelete