Pages

19 August 2009

Sweat Shop Madness


Yeah yeah, I'm an inconsistent blogger... Its a trait... I get all excited and involved and then comes weeks of nothing, crosses over to many facets of my world: the gym, the house cleaning, making stuff, but I like to think its an endearing quality.


So, after being talked into it by Mrs Smith and her wily cushiony ways, I've decided to do Niche. Only half a stall... we'll share it... but now I've got to get the sweat shop up and running, make some stuff and pay myself 30 cents an hour for my efforts. Its difficult trying to decide what to do though... I don't have a signature thing... Gemma has her dresses, Mrs Smith has jumped on the cushion train... Me? I have always been a bit of a confused crafter. I get bored easily, I struggle to make the same thing over and over, so who knows what it'll be. Its a different craft every week! A bit of this, bit of that... Homewares probably, I don't do kids stuff well, and there's others who do. This week I've made some oven mitts from recycled linen tea towels, and made some Christmas decorations from kusudama. I think the stall will be a bit of a mish-mash of handmade love, inconsistent but hopefully pretty (and saleable). I'll be relying on G for her consistency. So come see us at the next market... Last weekend in November at the art school in Inveresk.

In other news, I'm just about ready to move back to the cottage. The bathroom's pretty much complete other than the electrics and a bit of painting. I'm still waiting on kitchen benches and cabinetry, but that's ok... I can live there without that. The house is an absolute shamozzle though... there's stuff everywhere, plaster dust, random screws and nails that seem to find my way into my feet at unsuspecting moments, and my oven is still in my bedroom waiting for my Dad to reconnect it. I've got old windows to strip back, ceilings to paint and furniture to sand, but I'm loving it. Its super special to own a house that I've put my mark on, and that I'm proud of.


Hope all is well in your worlds, thanks for reading. I can't believe I have followers now... How humbling.

3 comments:

  1. hey there craft princess - thanks for your help loading the sideboard on the car - you will find it funny - that after scaling my Mum's very steep driveway with cries of 'tally ho, she'll be right' - we got out of the car to find the side board hangin off the roof racks by a knot - it was your first knot I think - bloody good-o! Post photos of the house - I want to sticky beak!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's so hard to stick to just one craft, isn't it! good luck with getting your multiple crafts together for niche. i put in an application but haven't heard anything back yet.

    x isis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hot Snot Evie! I say just do a whole lot of random gear for the market and it'll all be tops. Looking forward to working with you.

    i am considering expanding into lampshades- what do you reckon?
    Looking forward to seeing the house pics.

    GG

    ReplyDelete